Your lunch is also not safe to eat if there is mold or discoloration on the food.Mold can make toxins that are bad for you if you eat them, and coloring is often a sign that bacteria are growing.
Another sure sign that your picnic food isn't safe to eat is that it tastes strange when you take your first bite. "If the food tastes or feels wrong, like if it is too sour, bitter, or crunchy, that could mean it has gone bad.
If you notice a change in your picnic food's texture, that's another sign that it's destined for the trash bin.
Because you can't always tell if food has gone bad by how it tastes, feels, or smells, it's important to look at your picnic's food safety facts from an unbiased point of view.